The objectives of our project are:
• Providing long-term conservation of three protected zones from Natura 2000 network and five priority species - Dalmatian Pelican, Pygmy Cormorant, Bittern, White headed Duck and Ferruginous Duck and sustainable management of their habitats;
• Maintenance and restoration of sites for feeding, breeding and resting on five priority bird species;
• Reducing the impact of direct and indirect threats to the inhabitants of the lakes;
• Implement best practices in the conservation of priority species and sites of the Natura 2000 network;
• Increase public understanding and support for conservation of priority bird species, their habitats and Natura 2000 sites.
The project runs from 2010 to 2013 and to some extent a continuation of the work of the project “Burgas wetlands” of the Bulgarian-Swiss Biodiversity Conservation Programme (BSBCP), whose successor is BBF, implemented during the period 1998-2003.