The SaveGREEN project, which the Bulgarian Biodiversity Foundation implements in partnership with the Black Sea Network of NGOs and 11 other institutions and organizations from Central and Eastern Europe and the Balkan Peninsula, develops resource materials on the topic of ecological corridors and green infrastructure.
Project activities are implemented in 8 pilot areas. We have already introduced you to the Bulgarian Pilot area Rila - Verila - Kraishte. Now you can get acquainted with the other seven as well.
1. Kobernausser forest (Austria)
2. Pöttsching, Alpine - Carpathian Corridor (Austria)
3. Beskydy-Kysuce cross-border area (Czech Republic-Slovakia)
4. Novohrad-NógráD SK-HU cross-border area (Slovakia-Hungary)
5. Zakarpattia region (Ukraine)
6. Mureş valley (Arad-Deva, Romania)
7. Mureş Valley (Târgu Mureş – Târgu Neamţ, Romania)
The SaveGREEN project is financed under the ‘Danube’ 2014-2020 Transnational Cooperation Programme and is set to work on the critical theme of ecological corridors in the Carpathian and further mountain ranges of the Danube region.
For more information, visit the official project page, BBF website or follow #SaveGREEN on social media.